Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mint Chocolate Applesauce?

T3-

Applesauce usually plays only a secondary role as sweetener/consistency-helper in desserts. There's a reason for this. While applesauce can be a dessert by itself, it's a little mundane. Thus, while I was tinkering in the kitchen/procrastinating studying, I decided to try jazzing up good ol' applesauce.

Cocoa powder is always good, but for a summery spin, I decided to throw in a little peppermint extract.  Bye-bye boring! I relearned my love of mint chocolate. 

So, if you're feeling adventurous with your no-sugar-added desserts, give this a try for only 40 calories. 

Recipe
  • 1/4 cup Applesauce
  • 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
  • 1 dash Peppermint Extract
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I do eat all my food in mugs

    Mix and Enjoy!
Also, for people concerned about protein. In the original version of the recipe, I added equal amounts of hemp protein powder and cocoa, and the hemp flavor was completely masked. So feel free to spike the recipe with protein powder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment