Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chocolate-Covered, Pistachio-Crusted Turkish Apricots

T3-

What's better than fruit?

Chocolate-covered fruit!

What's better than chocolate-covered fruit?

Chocolate-covered fruit with nuts!



I love me my pistachios. They are probably my favorite type of nut, so it only made sense to somehow combine them with chocolate, my sister's favorite food. And with Whole Foods having a sale on organic unsulfured Turkish apricots (which are a darker cousin of the regular dried apricot with more depth and a caramel undertone, my sister and I agree.), we found a match made in heaven.

Chocolate-Covered, Pistachio-Crusted Turkish Apricots

Doesn't that just sound decadent? And, it's completely healthy with only about 35 calories a pop! Thus, you can be like me and consume ten of them before they even had time to cool. 

Also, for theme and variation, I also spiced it up with some cinnamon-sprinkled, chocolate-covered Turkish apricots plus PB2-coated, chocolate-covered Turkish apricots and finally PB2-coated, cinnamon-sprinkled, chocolate-covered Turkish apricots.


Yum!


Scrumptious!


Delish!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Recipe
  • ~30 Dried Turkish Apricots (any apricot will probably work here, or even any large dried fruit. Have fun with it!)
  • 1/2 cup Shelled Unsalted Pistachios
  • 1 Dark Chocolate Bar (3-4 oz)

  1. Grind pistachios. I did this by putting the nuts in a cereal bowl, stacking another cereal bowl on top, and then grinding. I think pulsing them a few times in a blender or food processor would be more efficient. Still, what's cooking without a little elbow grease?
  2. Break the chocolate bar into pieces and place in a mug. Melt chocolate at 30 second intervals in the microwave, decreasing the amount of time as it gets closer to melting. Stir between each go. It shouldn't take too long, and if there are only a few chunks left, just stir for a moment, and they should all melt and homogenate. 
  3. Dip apricots individually into chocolate, then dredge through ground pistachios
  4. Leave to cool on a non-stick surface such as parchment paper or plastic wrap
  5. Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment