Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Peaches and Cream!

T3-

In middle school, my friend's favorite pseudo swear was "Peaches and Cream!" With peach season upon us, I couldn't help but have some fun and celebrate old memories with...

PIE!



I've never made a pie crust before, and I admit, this crust didn't turn out super flaky. Still, the sweet of the peach, the creamy of the banana cream, and the savory of the crust all work so well together.

As always, the recipe is refined sugar-free and oil-free, and it tastes good!

I may or may not have ended up eating the entire thing, by myself, in a day ;)

Recipe

Pie Crust
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup coconut butter
2 ½ tbsp water

Chill ingredients after measuring. Mix together roughly and add the water until just holds together. Place in pie tin and chill overnight.

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes with pie beans (or rice, since I didn’t have dried beans) and then 7 minutes without. On second thought, I think the whole wheat is heavy enough you probably don't need pie beans. Chill.

Peach Filling
2 peaches
3/4 tsp agar powder

Blend peaches (I didn’t skin them). Heat on stove until boiling. Add agar and mix. Remove from heat

Banana Cream
1 ¼ cup Milk or Milk Alternative (I used almond milk)
1 tsp agar powder

Heat milk in a mug for 45 sec. Add agar and mix. Continue to heat until boiling in 30 sec intervals, with stirring in between.  Refrigerate overnight. Blend milk gel with 2 bananas until creamy.



Take cooked pie crust and add peach slurry. Chill in the fridge until firm. Add banana cream on top and serve with a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment