Monday, May 23, 2011

Lean Mean Green Machine

T3- 


Who likes vegetables? 


Not me!


 In fact, for the first several years of my vegetarianism (I started when I was seven), I was known as the vegetarian that doesn't eat vegetables. Vegetables are just not as sweet as fruit, as savory as nuts, beans, and legumes, or as filling as grains. Still, vegetables contain lots of important vitamins and minerals, making them an intrinsic part of a balanced diet, vegan, vegetarian, or otherwise. 


Thus, I've found ways to sneak them into my diet. Usually this includes drenching them in tomato sauce and nutrional yeast.


The other way I've found is to put it in a protein shake. The protein powder really mellows the taste, plus it provides protein, which is very important for active vegans.  So, without further, I give you my Lean, Mean, Green, Machine.


Before Blending


After Blending: So, it's not the most photogenic shake, but I swear it's tasty!




RECIPE

  • 1 scoop protein powder (I get mine from the website, True Protein. It is a combination of rice, pea, and hemp proteins plus essential amino acids)
  • 5-6 Strawberries
  • 2 packed Cups Spinach
  • 1 cup Almond Milk

Put ingredients in Blender
Blend. That's it!

It's about 200 calories and 26 g protein (depending on your protein powder)

Plus, it's a breeze to clean up. Fill your blender half full with water and add a little soap. Let it run for a second, then wash it out. No scrubbing needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment