Friday, August 19, 2011

Strawberry Peanut Butter Breakfast Blondies

T3-

It has been brought to my attention that much of the world doesn't understand the beauty of peanut-butter-covered strawberries. This combination, I dare say, rivals the perfection of chocolate-covered strawberries. If you have not tried the two together, please run to your peanut butter jar now with strawberry in hand. 

However, strawberries and peanut butter hardly classifies a meal in itself, as much as I would like to believe otherwise. Ergo, I decided to revamp the combination with a little inspiration from Chocolate Covered Katie's blondies to make a higher protein, ultra-satisfying meal. 



While Chocolate Covered Katie calls hers blondies, mine have no sugar, so the sweetness is a little understated. Thus, mine are called breakfast blondies to emphasize that they aren't really a dessert per se, but a very delicious, not bean-y tasting, breakfast treat. 

I had my little brother who is known for his sensitive palate taste it, and he had no idea there were beans in it!

Without further ado, 

RECIPE
  • 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (I used Nuttzo multi-nut butter, which tastes very peanut buttery)
  • ~15 Strawberries
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tsp Almond Extract
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 can White Beans
  1. Dice Strawberries into chunks
  2. Combine all ingredients
  3. Blend batter until beans are pureed (I did this with just a spoon and some elbow grease, but I think you could also do this in a food processor or blender)
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
  5. Enjoy!
For those counting, the entire recipe has about 900 calories, 46 g protein, 26 g fiber, and 45 g healthy fat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment